Applications open for 18-25 year olds to volunteer on International Citizenship Service

Image result for international citizen service

Manchester Withington MP Jeff Smith is encouraging young people in south Manchester to apply for International Citizen Service, a UK Government funded programme providing volunteer placements for 18-25 year olds.

ICS is a development programme that brings together young people from the UK and developing countries to volunteer in countries across Africa, Asia and south America. UK volunteers work side-by-side with local volunteers in developing countries, staying with host families in the local community.

The program is 90% funded by the UK Government, with ICS volunteers receiving their visas, flights, travel and medical insurance, medication, vaccines, food, accommodation and a small allowance during their placement. The other 10% is funded through charitable fundraising – each applicant is given a fundraising target and an experienced fundraiser to help them reach it.

Jeff said:

“International Citizen Service is a great opportunity for young people to make a lasting on some of the poorest countries in the world, while challenging themselves, building confidence and boosting their job prospects. I encourage all young people to apply!”

Application forms can be found here.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s