The National Institute for Health Research, the research arm of the NHS, are asking people to be a part of research to help tackle coronavirus and better understand how it has impacted communities.
Below are some ways local citizens can help beat coronavirus from the comfort of their home:
- Sign up to Help BEAT Coronavirus – a new NHS campaign which allows people to register an interest in taking part in research studies happening nearby.
- Take part in a short survey looking at the impact COVID-19 and social restrictions have had on mental health. Anyone over the age of 16 can take part.
- Take part in the PRINCIPLE trial – a University of Oxford trial looking at medicines which help adults with COVID-19 get better quickly.
You can also support the NHS by taking part in other health research unrelated to COVID-19:
- Campaigns to Help BEAT Diabetes, Help BEAT Heart Disease, Help BEAT Kidney Disease and Help BEAT Respiratory Disease – these are NHS campaigns offering people the chance to get involved in research studies for these health conditions.
- Join Dementia Research – an NHS service that allows people to register their interest in taking part in dementia research studies.
- Be Part of Research – an NHS service that allows people to find research studies relevant to their health condition and happening nearby.
You can find out more at all of the above links or by visiting www.researchforthefuture.org.