Help & Advice

What can Jeff do for you?

Members of Parliament (MPs) are there to help with those matters for which Parliament or central government is responsible.

For many matters that are more local, the appropriate first step would be to contact your local councillor. You can find your local councillor here.

MPs cannot help in private disputes with neighbours, with an employer, with family matters or with companies who have sold you faulty goods; nor can they interfere with decisions made by the courts.

However, Jeff will give help and advice where possible on these matters and work with your local councillor to help constituents whose problems relate to the services provided by local authorities such as dustbins, housing repairs or social services.

MPs can help if your problems concern central government policies such as:

  • The National Health Service
  • HM Revenue and Customs (tax and benefits)
  • The Department for Work and Pensions (benefits, pensions, and national insurance)
  • The Home Office (visa and passport applications)

Contact details for Jeff can be found here.

Within the Help & Advice page, you can find further information using the below buttons: