Finances, Social Security & Employment

Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (Acas)

Acas gives employees and employers free, impartial advice on workplace rights, rules and best practice. They also offer training and help to resolve disputes. Find out more about Acas here.

Acas Helpline: 0300 123 1100 | Monday-Friday 8am-6pm

Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB)

Citizens Advice is an independent organisation specialising in confidential information and advice to assist people with legal, debt, consumer, housing and other problems in the United Kingdom.

Citizens Advice Manchester:
0808 278 7800 | Monday-Friday 09.30am-5pm

Albert House
17 Bloom St
M1 3HZ

Department for Work and Pensions

The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) is responsible for welfare, pensions and child maintenance policy. As the UK’s biggest public service department, it administers the State Pension and a range of working age, disability and ill health benefits to around 20 million claimants and customers.

Universal Credit: Sign in to your Universal Credit account – GOV.UK (
0800 328 5644 | Monday-Friday 8am-6pm

Didsbury Jobcentre Plus
Please be aware that all enquiries for Universal Credit should be made directly through your Universal Credit journal or by calling 0800 328 5644.

Phone: 0800 169 0190 | Monday-Friday 8am-6pm

95-97 Danesmore Road
Palatine Road
West Didsbury
Greater Manchester
United Kingdom
M20 3JQ

Pension Service
Contact the Pension Service to:

  • get information about your State Pension
  • report a change in your circumstances, such as a change of address or bank details
  • report a death
  • ask any other questions you have related to your State Pension

Phone: 0800 731 0469 | Monday-Friday 8am-5pm

The Pension Service
Post Handling Site A
WV98 1AF

Disability Service Centre
Get advice or information about a claim you’ve already made for Disability Living Allowance, Attendance Allowance or Personal Independence Payment.

Personal Independence Payment:
Phone: 0800 121 4433 | Monday-Friday 9am-5pm

Personal Independence Payment
Post Handling Site B
WV99 1AH

Disability Living Allowance:
If you were born after 8 April 1948: 0800 121 4600 | Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
If you were born on or before 8 April 1948: 0800 731 0122 | Monday-Friday 9am-5pm

Department for Work & Pensions
Disability Living Allowance
Warbreck House
Warbreck Hill Road

Attendance Allowance:
Phone: 0800 731 0122 | Monday-Friday 9am-5pm

Freepost DWP Attendance Allowance

Making a complaint:
If you would like to make a complaint about the DWP, please use the following link to find further information on the DWP complaints procedure:
Complaints procedure – Department for Work and Pensions – GOV.UK (


HMRC is the UK’s tax, payments and customs authority, and collects the money that pays for the UK’s public services and help families and individuals with targeted financial support.

Amongst other things, HMRC is responsible for Child Benefit, National Insurance and other tax-related measures. You can find out how to contact them by visiting the website here.

Make a complaint:
If you would like to make a complaint about HMRC, please use the following link to find further information on the HMRC complaints procedure:
Complain about HMRC – GOV.UK (

Manchester City Council

If you are struggling with your finances, there are a number of ways that Manchester City Council can provide support. Click here to find out more information.

For information relating to Council Tax and how to manage your account, please click here.

Southway Housing

If you are a Southway Housing resident, you can speak to a dedicated advisor to discuss anything related to you and your money. Click here for more information.