Emergency Support

If you are in an emergency, you should contact the police, ambulance, or fire service on 999. 

An emergency can be: 

  • A person in need of immediate medical assistance 
  • Suspicion that a crime is in progress, or that an offender is in the area 
  • Structure on fire 
  • Another serious incident which needs immediate emergency service attendance 

For non-emergency contacts to the police, ambulance, or fire services, find further details on the Useful Links page. 

At risk of being homeless? 

We would urge to contact Manchester City Council’s Homeless Advice and Assessment Service on 0161 234 4692 or by emailing them on haasdutyofficer@manchester.gov.uk.   

Domestic Abuse

Refuge is a registered charity dedicated to ending domestic violence against women and children. They can offer specialist support and access to the National Domestic Abuse Helpline, also available through webchat (https://www.nationaldahelpline.org.uk/) or by freephone (0808 2000 247).

Food banks and vouchers 

If you cannot afford to buy food and are in need, we are able to provide food vouchers. Food vouchers are also available by contacting Citizen’s Advice Bureau (0808 278 7800) and Manchester City Council (0800 234 6123). 

Map of food banks in Greater Manchester:

The Trussell Trust is a registered charity that supports a nationwide network of food banks and can help provide any further information on dealing with food insecurity. You can call them on 01722 580 180 or by email on enquiries@trusselltrust.org


If you are in immediate danger or have seriously harmed yourself, you should call 999.

The Samaritans is a registered charity aimed at providing emotional support to anyone in emotional distress, struggling to cope, or at risk of suicide. They can be contacted for free at any time or day by phone (116 123) or by email (jo@samaritans.org). If you are under 19, you can also call Childline on 0800 1111.

Greater Manchester Mental Health Crisis Care also provide a 24/7 helpline (0800 953 0285).