Jeff in front of const. door

There is a strict parliamentary protocol which prevents MPs from intervening on behalf of another MP’s constituents. To find out if Jeff is your MP, Please click this link and enter your postcode before getting in contact.

Some issues are not the direct responsibility of Parliament or government. If your problem relates to a local issue such as schools, transport, housing or planning, it may be more appropriate for you to first contact either your local council or your nearest Citizens Advice Bureau before considering contacting your MP.

You can find out who your local councillors are, and how to contact them, here

Useful links you may wish to look at before contacting your MP

GOV.UK: UK government services and information including Benefits, Tax, DVLA, TV Licensing.

UK Parliament: Official site offers information on the House of Commons, the House of Lords and national parliamentary services.

UK Border Agency: Home Office advice and application forms on matters relating to immigration, visa, work permits, citizenship, and asylum.

Foreign Office: Travel Advice Foreign Office advice for travelling to countries throughout the world.

Manchester Citizen’s Advice: provides advice and a range of services.

Manchester City Council: To report problems with bins, recycling or to pay your council tax.

How I Can Help You

My role as an MP is to represent everybody in the Manchester Withington constituency at Westminster, whether they voted for me or not. I am able to assist with matters for which Parliament or central government is responsible, such as: tax issues involving HM Revenue and Customs, problems arising from the Department for Work and Pensions (such as benefits and pensions), problems dealt with by the Home Office (such as immigration), and any other issues dealt with by government departments.

How To Get In Touch With Me

Please do get in touch if you’ve got a problem – or you’re from either a local organisation, whether a community group or business, and you think we should meet – by completing the form below, emailing me at or calling on 0161 445 0678.

I have a constituency office open to residents at Unit 1, Withington Fire Station (Arnfield Road Entrance), 505-507 Wilmslow Road, Manchester, M20 4AW from 10am until 4pm each weekday – please call for an appointment.