Immigration & Asylum

If you have an enquiry about your UK visa or passport application, please use the details found on the Contact page for getting in touch with Jeff. We are able to contact UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI) in order to obtain an update on your behalf.

Government Links

Legal Advice
Members of Parliament are unable to give legal advice, including on immigration matters. Please find more information on obtaining immigration legal advice on the GOV.UK website here.

Passport Office
Contact Her Majesty’s Passport Office (HMPO) for advice or complaints about British passports issued in the UK.

Track your passport application

Passport Adviceline: 0300 222 0000 | Monday-Friday 8am-8pm; Saturday, Sunday and UK bank holidays, 9am-5.30pm


Online Enquiry Form (replies within 72 hours)

Her Majesty’s Passport Office
PO Box 767

For visas and immigration, contact UKVI:

Immigration Law Practitioner’s Association

The Immigration Law Practitioners’ Association (ILPA) is a professional association and registered charity, the majority of whose members are barristers, solicitors and advocates practising in all aspects of immigration, asylum and nationality law. Founded in 1984 by leading practitioners in the field, ILPA exists to promote and improve advice and representation in immigration, asylum and nationality law.

The ILPA office does NOT give immigration advice. Search their directory of members to find an immigration advisor near you.

Migrant Help

Migrant Help are a registered charity whose mission is to protect people affected by displacement and exploitation, helping them thrive as individuals and recover from their trauma. They support those most in need and least likely to find support elsewhere, whilst aiming to bridge community gaps and bring services and support together.

Free asylum helpline: 0808 8010 503 | open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a yea


Online enquiry form

Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner

Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) regulates immigration advisers; ensuring they are fit, competent and act in their clients’ best interests.

You can complain to the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) about either:

  • bad service you received from an adviser registered with OISC
  • immigration advice you received from an unregulated person

You can also ask someone to make a complaint on your behalf, for example a friend, solicitor or voluntary organisation.

Phone: 0207 211 1500


Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner
Complaints Team
5th Floor
21 Bloomsbury Street

Refugee Action

Refugee Action is an independent national charity that provides advice and support to refugees and asylum seekers in the UK and campaigns for a fairer asylum system.

Their services can provide information and advice on a range of issues including:

  • the asylum process
  • claiming asylum
  • getting the support you’re entitled to while you claim asylum
  • homelessness support

Phone: 07753 325364


Refugee Action
179 Royce Road
M15 5TJ