As we enter another period of national Covid restrictions, with 3 approved vaccines at least we now have a clear way out of this crisis. The sooner enough people are vaccinated against coronavirus, the sooner restrictions can ease and our country can begin to recover.
Everyone can play a part to ensure the UK vaccine roll out is swift and successful. If you’d like to help, you could consider doing some of the following:
- Sign up to NHS volunteer campaigns.
- Speak to friends, neighbours and relatives about the importance of getting the vaccine.
- Ask your faith leaders and local community champions to promote vaccination.
- Start a campaign with your union branch to get your employer to give workers paid time off to get vaccinated.
- Speak out against disinformation online.
- Check on neighbours and friends to ensure they are safe over the coming months.
If you’d like to apply to be a volunteer vaccinator, a vaccination care volunteer or a volunteer patient advocate with St John Ambulance for the NHS, you can get started here.
If you’d like to volunteer as a marshal at one of Manchester’s vaccination sites, you can find out more here.